Home   Real Estate Office   Free Real Estate Office Business Plan   2.4 Analysis of cost for Startup, Acquisition or Expansion

2.4 Analysis of cost for Startup, Acquisition or Expansion

We are estimating that we will be needing a total of $66,435 to get Home At Last Realty up and running. This estimate for start up costs was arrived at by using fairly high end estimates for the costs that will be incurred on upfront expenses for the purchase of the fixed assets and operating expenses right at the outset. The largest expense that we will be facing will of course be the fixed assets that includes capital improvements to the location, furniture and fixtures, computer hardware and software, security systems and security deposit. We are estimating that together these fixed assets will cost us $51,000 and the remaining upfront operating expenses should run an estimated $15,435.

We feel that the capital improvements that we plan to make to our real estate office should make it look extremely professional and presentable to our clientele. The investments in technology hardware and software will also pay us back in the days ahead since we believe that today, any real estate office is only as good as the technology being used by its realtors.

Of the total estimated start up costs of $66,435, a total of $50,000 will be obtained by contributions from both the partners. Jose who owns 60% of At Home for Realty will be contributing $30,000 from his savings and Diane who owns the remaining 40% will be bringing $20,000 to the table. The remaining $16,435 will be secured in the form a three year term loan from a local community bank with whom both Jose and Dianne have deep relationships.

In the event we find that our cash flow requirements are larger, both the owners intend to add more cash into the business.

Quick Links:

  1. Go to the Corresponding Template section for this industry.
  2. Go to the Corresponding Questionnaire section for this industry.

Small Business Owner Resource Center


Articles on the Small Business Financing Sources, the Small Business Loan Basics, small business loans Checklist and SBA Loans are incredible sources of knowledge for the small business owner.



Credit Report and Credit Score Analysis, how to Read a Personal Credit Report and all about Business Credit cover the intricacies of credit and are required reading for everybody.



The Foundation Grant Directory is a free listing of sources for grants by state. Why not look if there is some free money out there for your business. Hey - you never know!



The Business Loan Application covers every item you will need in your loan package and tells you how to get approved for business loans.



Fire your loan broker and use our Free Business Loans Bank / Lender Directory to find every bank in the country lending to small businesses.



If you are looking to start a business - look no further.  Check out the Free Incorporation Guide discussion and the State Incorporation Resource Directory.

Rate this page
Your feedback is important to us | Please rate this page
1 2 3 4 5