The Industry payroll analysis for cleaning services in Cobb County has three sections:
- The first part analyzes the total annual payroll for all jcleaning service establishments in Cobb county over a decade.
- The second part looks at the total number of paid employees working in cleaning service establishments in Cobb county over a decade.
- And finally, the third piece of this analysis looks at the average annual employee payroll for cleaning services in the target market of Cobb county.
Total Annual payroll for the Industry:
- In 2005 the total annual payroll for all cleaning service establishments in Cobb county was $66,482,000.
- However by 2007, we find that the annual payroll had dropped to $36,284,000, a precipitous drop of 45%. This makes sense given the decrease in the number of establishments and the heavy layoff of folks working for cleaning establishments during that period.
- While there was a pick up in the number of cleaning establishments and number of folks working in these establishments from 2010 onwards, we don’t see a corresponding increase in the total annual payroll for employees. From 2010 to 2014, the total payroll for employees working at cleaning services in Cobb county has actually fallen to a low of $33,569,000 representing a decrease of another 18%.
Total number of paid employees:
This part of the analysis is simply obtained from the establishments and employees analysis
Average annual employee payroll for individual employee:
- Please keep in mind that the cleaning services industry has a lot of folks who work on a off the books / cash basis and these numbers simply cannot be factored into official government data.
- In 2005 the typical employee working at a house cleaning service establishment in Cobb county made $22,161.
- By 2008 this number had dropped down to $17,529 driven by the collapse of the real estate market and all the services associated with it.
- Between 2010 and 2014 we find that the average employee payroll increased from $16,306 to $20,696, representing an increase of 26.9%
- However when we compare the data between 2005 and 2014, we find that the average employee working in the cleaning services establishments in Cobb county have actually seen a net decline of 6.6% in the average annual payroll.
- Go to the Corresponding Template section for this industry.
- Go to the Corresponding Questionnaire section for this industry.