This analysis of house cleaning service businesses in Cobb county has three parts:
- The first part examines the total number of establishments in the target market of Cobb county.
- The second part deals with the total number of employees for house cleaning businesses in Cobb county.
- Finally, the third part of this analysis is the average number of employees per house cleaning business establishment in the county.
Total number of establishments:
- In 2005 there were 149 firms offering Janitorial / cleaning services in Cobb county.
- By 2014 we find that the number of firms in this industry had actually dropped to 143 - that is a drop of 4%.
- Between 2005 and 2008, we find that the number of house cleaning service businesses actually dropped to 137 - we think that the collapse of the housing market had a lot to do with this slowdown.
- Interestingly from 2010 there was a substantial growth in the number of cleaning businesses in Cobb county from 140 to 161 in 2013. This represents an increase of 15%.
- However 2014 was a particularly tough year for cleaning services business in Cobb county - there was an 11% drop from a 161 firms to 143 firms.
Total number of employees:
- In 2005, janitorial / cleaning service establishments had 3,000 employees on their payroll. This of course does not include the many undocumented folks that tend to work in the cleaning services on a cash or off the books basis.
- From 2005 there was s steady decline in the total number of employees and we find that by 2007 only 1,834 folks were employed by cleaning services businesses - this of course makes sense given the overall slowdown in the total number of firms - howerver the drop in employees between 2006 and 2007 was a staggering 38.7% as compared to a 4.2% drop in the number of cleaning establishments.
- Between 2007 and 2008, we find a similar large move to the upside - 25.6% more folks were hired by cleaning services businesses in Cobb county in just that one year.In 2011 cleaning services establishments employed 2,648 folks, but this number fell dramatically to only 1,622 employees by 2014 - a drop of 38%.
Average employees for establishment:
- In 2006 there were 20 employees on average working in every janitorial / cleaning service business in Cobb county.
- By 2007 this number had gone down to 12.83 with slow down in the real estate business.
- Between 2008 and 2011, the average number of employees per cleaning service establishment in Cobb county grew from 16.81 to 18.39.
- Between 2011 to 2014 this number again dropped down to 11.34.
This analysis clearly highlights the cyclical nature of the cleaning services business and the high levels of employee turnover associated with running an establishment. Anthony Christine and Sofia will be bringing their many years of experience to the table and have a keen understanding of these dynamics and how to adjust sales strategy accordingly.
- Go to the Corresponding Template section for this industry.
- Go to the Corresponding Questionnaire section for this industry.